Egypt map

Contact Details
Egypt Embassy +27 (012) 343-1590 / 1
SA Representative Tel: +202 2359 4365
Visas Visas are required by ALL passport holders, whether travelling as a tourist or on business. Visa can be obtained in Sudan in Wadi Halfa.
Health Requirements :
Compulsory Vaccinations Yellow Fever (if coming from an affected area)
Precautions Malaria in Srutun Park and the Red Sea
Only drink bottled water! Or better yet beer.

Documents Required:
Valid passport of the driver
Certified copy of vehicle registration papers in the name of the driver. Carnet de passage is compulsory! It is not possible to buy a temporary carne or import permit in Egypt. Your vehicle will be left in customs to rot. 
Letter of authority from the registered owner if the vehicle is not owned by the driver
If vehicle is still being financed, carry a letter of authority from the bank (must include dates of travel) together with the vehicle license papers.
Carnet de Passage: Cannot enter Egypt without the Carnet, which must be in the name of the driver. Application forms can be downloaded here. The AA of SA will require a deposit / guarantee of 200% value of the vehicle. Egyptian Customs charge a fee for stamping the Carnet document and clearing can take up to one week. An Entry Permit is issued at the border (the fee is levied according to the engine capacity and it is valid for three months). Temporary Egyptian plates are affixed to every vehicle at the frontier post. A deposit for the plates is payable. Plates must be surrendered when the vehicle is exported from Egypt.

Contact in Sudan to help with ferry to Egypt:

Mazar Mahir

If not successful this is his friends info:
Midhat Mahir
International Driving Permit: Compulsory.

Info from the AA.