After our memorable trip through Portugal, we were left with little time for Spain. We mostly toured along the coastal areas. Espana being such an unhurried relaxed and vibrant country, taught us lots of interesting bits.
But before we tell you about the interesting things you might not know about Spain, this is why we will return for sure!
- It is one of the few countries in Europe where you can still find good and ‘bad’ offroad trails, wild camping and small villages with the most friendly laid back folke making some of the best tasting cured meats.
- Pyrenees – Glorious mountains, valleys and passes that still gives the feeling of discovery.
- Colourful fiestas and festivals. We came in very late in the season and will have to return for some of the following: The La Tomatino Festival in Bunol, The Valencia Fireworks Festival, The Moors and Christian Festival Alicante, Las Hogueras de San Juan, La Feria de Malaga
- Spain has a huge artistic heritage and some beautiful old churches, palaces and buildings. Whether you like museums or not, there is something for everybody’ taste. We unfortunately missed Salvador Dali’ museum.
- Barcelona – so far one of our favourite cities. We loved the buildings and the Ramblas.
- Medieval towns and good stories
- The good wine and food everywhere. Tapas, paella, jamon de jabugo, sangria…
- It is affordable to travel in Spain, whether you want to low-budget camp or stay in a resort – there is a place for all. If you do a bit of homework and link to a few information sites, you can get good bargains.
- Ibiza – yeah, touristy but a have to go back and try
- Valencia GP and Formula 1 races